1. The Universal Visa Guide
You are now reading the first chapter of The Universal Visa Guide, a guide I'm writing to help you understand the life advantages you have, how to USE them and SURPASS whatever limitations you may have to move abroad.
(And hopefully in other goals in life too.)
2. What Visas Can You Get?
In this guide, we will explore >20 visa & residency types around the world associated with these 9 life advantages.
Topics we'll cover:
- What visas can you get using your current citizenship?
- How is health relevant in getting a visa to move abroad?
- How much money do I need to move abroad?
- Can I get another citizenship by marrying someone?
- and more!
3. Is Moving Abroad the Right Decision?
Everyone who wants to move abroad think the grass is greener on the other side.
Cliché, I know. But it's a cliché because it's true.
We move abroad because we want to unlock something we think we cannot get in our country of citizenship.
People move abroad because they believe they will unlock:
- More income and/or lower cost of living
- A society with values that aligns better with theirs
- Better education, jobs, and opportunities
- Laws and regulations that will protect them
- A more beneficial taxation system
- and more
So it's not always about the money, although sometimes it is.
And it's true that sometimes people end up unlocking whatever they wanted by moving abroad, but sometimes they don't.
A big time no.
My Ethical Considerations
Moving abroad can be a good thing (maybe even the best thing you can do for your life), but it can also be a decision that derails your life plan in the long-term if you are not careful.
This guide aims to help people to move abroad, but I believe it is most ethical to also present the potential downsides of moving abroad. This will be discussed in later chapters.
At the end of the day:
Moving abroad is a huge decision and you need to overthink it.
For a start, here are 2 other articles you can read to familiarize yourself with what it means to move abroad.
- Yes, You Need a Visa to Move to Another Country
- IMPORTANT: Moving Abroad Permanently vs. Temporarily
I would suggest reading these before moving onto the next chapters.