Disney+ is a great streaming service for new and existing fans of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic shows. It has a lot of kid-friendly content, making it even more awesome for parents who travel with children.
First of all, you can watch Disney+ from 4 devices at once through one single account. That means you can stream a TV show through your phone, a movie through your smart TV, another movie through your tablet, and another TV show through your laptop all at the same time. A small family can easily share a single account without anyone having to snatch TV remotes—those days are pretty much long gone.
If you're traveling and don't have access to the internet, no need to worry! You can download movies and TV series for your enjoyment on the go, which will make flights more bearable for you and your family, and keep the kids in line.
There is also an option to create a kid's profile to ensure your children stay within the realm of kid-friendly content. To create a kid's account,
- Hover or click on your profile icon
- Click on Add Account
- Choose a profile icon (optional), and enter a profile name
- Turn on Kid's profile
There are five main "universe" that you can explore through Disney+. Your subscription would grant you access to many new and nostalgic movies and TV shows from:
- Star Wars
- National Geographic
You will also discover some content that are exclusively created for Disney+, such as the $120-million-budgeted Star Wars: The Mandalorian series, a remake of Lady and the Tramp, and even the National Geographic Series: The World According to Jeff Goldblum.
Explore many various genres of shows, such as:
- Originals: Star Wars: The Mandalorian, Lady and the Tramp, Noelle
- Hit Movies: Avatar, Frozen, Toy Story 3, The Avengers: Endgame, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Out of the Vault: The Lion King, Bambi, The Little Mermaid
- Inspired by True Stories: Saving Mr. Banks, The Finest Hours, Davy Crockett
- Disney Channel Favorites: Hannah Montana, Even Stevens, Bizaardvark
- Musicals: The Sound of Musics, Mary Poppins, Moana
- Beast and Monsters: Maleficent, Monsters, Inc., Sleeping Beauty
- Nostalgic Movies: The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Tron</li>
- Disney Junior Series: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Marvel Superhero Adventures, Little Einsteins
- Documentaries: The World According to Jeff Goldblum, Disneynature Oceans, Expedition Mars
- Shorts: Float, La luna, What Is Money?
- Best Friends: Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, UP, Ratatouille
- Fun Mysteries: G-Force, Inspector Gadget
- Action and Adventure: Pirates of the Carribean, Iron Man, Captain Marvel
- Animals and Nature: Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, Dr. K's Exotic Animals, Dr. Oakley: Yukon Vet
So how much does the subscription cost? Well, it varies by region, and as of late November 2019, these are what people are paying for now:
- United States: USD 6.99 per month
- Canada: CAD 8.99 per month
- Netherlands: EUR 6.99 per month
- Australia: AUD 8.99 per month
- New Zealand: NZD 9.99 per month
What's the Verdict?
With a decent price point, numerous new blockbuster movies and nostalgic content to explore (including an abundance of kid-friendly entertainment), the ability to stream content through 4 devices at once, as well as the ability to download content to enjoy for on the go, Disney+ is great not only for traveling parents with children, but also pretty much anyone who's a fan of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and the National Geographic universe.
You can sign up for a 7-Day Free Trial for Disney+ here.
This article was last updated on Sunday, 24 November 2020, UTC–8.
Spark A Conversation
Got questions or wanna share some thoughts? Leave them in the comment section below :)
More About Tech
About the Writer
Wanna say hi? Feel free to send me a message here, or leave a comment in this page.