- Bedroom = Kamar tidur
- Bed = Kasur / Ranjang
Kasur can mean both a bed and mattress and it is more often used than ranjang.
- Mattress = Kasur
- Pillow = Bantal
- Bolster = Guling
- Bed linen = Seprei
- Blanket = Selimut
- Closet = Kloset
- Wardrobe = Lemari
- Cloth hanger= Gantungan baju
- Mirror = Cermin
- Bathroom = Kamar mandi
- Sink = Wastafel
- Toothbrush = Sikat gigi
- Toothpaste = Odol
- Shower = Shower (loanword from English)
- Bathub = Bathub (loanword from English)
- Toilet = Toilet (loanword from English)
- Towel = Handuk
- To sleep = Tidur
e.g. Tidur di kasur
'To sleep on the bed'
- To wake up = Bangun tidur
e.g. Bangun tidur pada pagi hari
'To wake up in the morning'
- To rest = Istirahat
e.g. Istirahat di sofa
'To rest on the sofa'
- To lie down = Baring
e.g. Baring di lantai
'To lie down on the floor'
- To shower / take a bath= Mandi
e.g. Mandi dengan air hangat
'To shower / take a bath with warm water'
- To brush one's teeth = Sikat gigi
e.g. Sikat gigi sebelum tidur
'To brush one's teeth before sleeping'
- To wash one's face = Cuci muka
e.g. Cuci muka setelah bangun tidur
'To wash one's face after waking up'
Want More Practice in Indonesian?
- IndonesianPod101 offers audio and video lessons with native speakers to help you learn Indonesian effectively from Beginner, Upper Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels to practice on listening, vocabulary lists, and grammar pointers to fast track your goal in becoming a pro in Indonesian!
Spark A Conversation
Got questions or wanna share some thoughts? Leave them in the comment section below :)
About the Writer
Wanna say hi? Feel free to send me a message here, or leave a comment in this page.